MacLead Certifications Pvt. Ltd. has been actively engaged in education and certifications delivery for more than two decades in the field of various Management Systems in the domains of Quality, Information Security, Environment, Occupational Health and Safety, Energy, IT Service, Food Safety, Business Continuity, Aero Space, Project Management, Cyber Security, Data Scientist & Analyst, IT professional, Customer care, Risk Management, Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt. The learning design, assessments, development and certifications provided by MacLead Certifications, enables career growth and prepares individuals to realize their full potential in their respective roles.
As global markets grow and expand, there are more customers / clients seeking safe, reliable, and, increasingly, eco-conscious people competencies. With both international and local proficiency, MacLead brings the certifications you need to get your products in front of the right eyes.
Introduction to MacLead Project Management Professional
Project management is the application of methods, tools, techniques and competencies to a project. Project management and includes the integration of the various phases of the project life cycle. Project Management Professional Certification of MacLead is based ISO 21500 – Guidance on project management. ISO (the International Organization for Standardization) is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies (ISO member bodies, India, USA, UK, Australia etc., are the member countries). The work of preparing International Standards is normally carried out through ISO technical committees. Each member body interested in a subject for which a technical committee has been established has the right to be represented on that committee. International organizations, governmental and non-governmental, in liaison with ISO, also take part in the work. ISO collaborates closely with the International Electro technical Commission (IEC) on all matters of electro technical standardization.
Project management is performed through processes. The processes selected for performing a project should be aligned in a systemic view. Each phase of the project life cycle should have specific deliverables. These deliverables should be regularly reviewed during the project to meet the requirements of the sponsor, customers and other stakeholders.
Figure -1: Project Life Cycle
This ISO 21500 provides guidance on concepts and processes of project management that are important for, and have impact on, the performance of projects.
The target users for this International Standard are the following:
— Senior managers and project sponsors, in order to provide them with a better understanding
of the principles and practice of project management and to help them give appropriate
support and guidance to their project managers, project management teams and project
— Project managers, project management teams and project team members, so that they have
a common basis upon which to compare their project standards and practices with those of
Figure -2: Project Stakeholders
Figure -3: Project Management Concepts and their Relationships
The benefits of becoming a certified Project Management Professional from MacLead Certification are:
- Help you earn credibility and respect in your field.
- Open more opportunities for advancement.
- Increase your earning potential by as much as 40%. (based on candidates feedback)
- Prove your willingness to invest in your own development.
- Demonstrate your commitment to your profession.
- Improve your skills and knowledge.
- Builds confidence in demonstrating professional skills.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SYLLABUS
Project management is a discipline. It applies principles, concepts, tools and techniques to improve project performance and organizational effectiveness. Project management adds value by improving the probability of consistently successful projects.
Project managers (PM) and their managers and clients must be flexible and adaptable to be effective. Effective PM recognizes that projects in different environments and of different types require variations on the basic PM principles. Effective PM requires ad hoc adjustments, based on moment to moment assessments of current conditions, within the context of a comprehensive plan created using sound and consistent methods and relevant past experience. Effective PM requires collaborative efforts among project stakeholders (participants, clients and other interested parties).
As organizations have recognized the criticality of projects to their success, project management has become a focal point of improvement efforts. Project management centers of excellence (e.g., project management offices), training programs and organization change programs to improve project management practices are increasingly common parts of strategic plans to improve organizational effectiveness.
Project management addresses the full range of activities from the beginning to the end of a project and addresses the management of multiple projects within programs and across organizations. PM addresses “technical” skills like scheduling, cost estimating, and statistical risk management and encompasses complex disciplines such as scope (product) definition, procurement management, human resource management and communications. Given below is syllabus for both modules.
Certification Types – Project Management
Objective of Assessment and Certification
The main objectives of testing and certification under the Scheme are:
- To provide recognition to competent personnel in their respective domains.
- Understand the standards of the PMP – Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Strengthen your skills in selecting, initiating, planning, monitoring, controlling and completing a project of any size and type
- Link project management to operations management and organizational strategy
- Understand communication, human-resources, quality and risk processes
- Recognize the principles of procurement and contract management
- Learn how to apply analytic techniques to address business challenges
The assessment and certification of a Project management professional by an independent organization, generates valuable benefits for the client. MacLead certificate will serve as evidence for a suitable and effective management system with the capability to continuously meet customer expectations as well as regulatory and statutory requirements.
During an assessment qualified and experienced assessors review the Project management system and its processes for ongoing suitability and effectiveness in light of changing markets and environment. By identifying improvement potential, assessors enhance the organization’s ability to meet established goals and objectives, thus enhancing sustainable success for the client. With a MacLead certificate customers may place confidence on the client and the certified management system, which has been assessed and certified to recognized standards and specifications.
- Examination format for the written assessments shall be:
- 25 marks for Multiple Choice Questions
- 50 marks for Short Answer Questions
- 100 Marks for Practical project
- 25 Marks for Personal attributes
- Examination Viva on completed projects:
- 100 marks Viva
The candidates appearing for this assessment shall have:
- Professional One year of experience as Team Member / Leading and Directing Projects
- Any Post Graduate 2 years of experience in handling projects
- Any Graduate 3 years of experience in handling projects
- Should have 35 hours of Project Management Education
- The following table demonstrates categorical grading:
If any candidates fails in examination, candidate is eligible to attend once for re-exam in any time within one year of first examination given
Recertification is formally done after every 3 years from the date of issue of the certificate to the candidate. However the candidate is expected to maintain Continuous Professional Development logs with at 100 hours of involvement in Projects
Suspension & Withdrawal of Certification
The certification for the candidates would be suspended or withdrawn if the candidate has provided any false information at any point of time and not following professional code of conduct.
Whenever a need arises which is not part of the certification scheme, the scheme manager will review such special needs and arrange necessary resources to meet the special needs of assessment process in order to ensure that the integrity of the assessment process is not compromise.
The assessment fee shall as per domain and grade. The fee is:
- Certified Project Management Professional – Foundation is INR 25000/- (Twenty five thousands)
- Certified Project Management Professional – Advanced is INR 45000/- (Forty five thousands)
GST as applicable.
Code of Conduct
- Adhere to protocols and guidelines relevant to the role and field of practice
- Work within organizational systems and requirements as appropriate to the role
- Recognize the boundary of the role and responsibility and seek supervision when situations are beyond the competence and authority
- Maintain competence within the role and field of practice
- Use protocols and guidelines relevant to the field of practice
- Promote and demonstrate good practice as an individual and as a team member at all times
- Identify and manage potential and actual risks to the quality and patient safety
- Maintain personal hygiene and contribute actively to the healthcare ecosystem