CMMI – Services
CMMI® (Capability Maturity Model® Integration) models are collections of best practices that help organizations to improve their processes. These models are developed by product teams with members from industry, government, and the Software Engineering Institute (SEI). This model, called CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC), provides a comprehensive integrated set of guidelines for providing superior services.
- CMMI for Services is a collection of best practices from the service industry.
- CMMI for Services is a process improvement approach that provide organizations with the essential elements of effective processes (PAs)
- CMMI for Services can be used to guide improvement across a team, project, division or an entire organization.
- CMMI for Services helps to set process improvement goals and priorities the following:
- Provide guidance for quality processes,
- Provide a point of reference for appraising current processes
Why CMMI for Services?
Service organizations comprise 80% of the world economy and their importance is expected to continue.
Currently, some service organizations apply CMMI for Development to service delivery. Other service management do not provide clear improvement path
Some service provider customers requested that their suppliers demonstrate a CMMI rating to help differentiate their suppliers from one another.
CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC) Model for whom
It is an industry neutral model applicable to any service industry:
- Information Technology
- Health Care or any other.
Benefits of CMMI for Services (CMMI-SVC)
- Improvement in the quality of services.
- Discipline in the culture for service management.
- More visibility into services and fewer surprises for the organization
- Application of CMMI process brings credibility and due to this buy in from the stakeholders End-to-end life cycle process approach gives the following benefits