Project Management – ISO 21500
Project management is the application of methods, tools, techniques and competencies to a project. Project management and includes the integration of the various phases of the project life cycle. Project Management Professional Certification of MacLead is based ISO 21500 – Guidance on project management. ISO (the International Organization for Standardization) is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies (ISO member bodies, India, USA, UK, Australia etc., are the member countries). The work of preparing International Standards is normally carried out through ISO technical committees. Each member body interested in a subject for which a technical committee has been established has the right to be represented on that committee. International organizations, governmental and non-governmental, in liaison with ISO, also take part in the work. ISO collaborates closely with the International Electro technical Commission (IEC) on all matters of electro technical standardization.
Project management is performed through processes. The processes selected for performing a project should be aligned in a systemic view. Each phase of the project life cycle should have specific deliverables. These deliverables should be regularly reviewed during the project to meet the requirements of the sponsor, customers and other stakeholders.
This ISO 21500 provides guidance on concepts and processes of project management that are important for, and have impact on, the performance of projects.
The target users for this International Standard are the following:
- Senior managers and project sponsors, in order to provide them with a better understanding of the principles and practice of project management and to help them give appropriate support and guidance to their project managers, project management teams and project teams;
- Project managers, project management teams and project team members, so that they have a common basis upon which to compare their project standards and practices with those of others;
The benefits of Project Management Professional from MacLead Certification are:
- Help you earn credibility and respect in your field.
- Open more opportunities for advancement.
- Increase your earning potential by as much as 40%. (based on candidates feedback)
- Prove your willingness to invest in your own development.
- Demonstrate your commitment to your profession.
- Improve your skills and knowledge.
- Builds confidence in demonstrating professional skills.
- Certified Project Management Professional – Foundation
- Certified Project Management Professional – Advanced
Objective of Assessment and Certification
The main objectives of testing and certification under the Scheme are:
- To provide recognition to competent personnel in their respective domains
- Understand the standards of the PMP – Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Strengthen your skills in selecting, initiating, planning, monitoring, controlling and completing a project of any size and type
- Link project management to operations management and organizational strategy
- Understand communication, human-resources, quality and risk processes
- Recognize the principles of procurement and contract management
- Learn how to apply analytic techniques to address business challenges
The candidates appearing for this assessment shall have:
- Professional One year of experience as Team Member / Leading and Directing Projects
- Any Post Graduate 2 years of experience in handling projects
- Any Graduate 3 years of experience in handling projects
- Should have 35 hours of Project Management Education